I realize I've been a little M.I.A. the past week, so I figured I should give a little update on our life:


#1. I put in my two-weeks' notice at the preschool. This was a long, tough decision, but it basically boils down to one thing: I'm not cut out for daycare. The school I was working in was nice, but not really the true school environment I was looking for. I have the heart of an educator, and simply getting through the day watching three year olds for 10 hours a day, just wasn't cutting it. Put on top of that, the fact that I'm taking 6 hours of grad school, and I decided to "move on to the next thing". My last day is October 8!! Yay!


#2. I LOVE GRAD SCHOOL!!! It is the ideal college situation because I don't have to take stupid classes that I don't care about (like anthropology- yuck!) and I'm (mostly) working with people who really care about education and realize that it's not just daycare (see above for my dislike of daycare). I'm taking two classes this semester and they are both terribly interesting (one is literacy education and the other is applied behavior analysis). I definitely have to be self-motivated since they are all online, but it's very cool Skyping with your fellow classmates and professor. I feel very futuristic.


#3. Michael is currently in El Paso on a mission and is going to Ft. Huachuca for the month of October for the Reserve Captain's Career Course. The sad thing is we aren't together, the great thing is we're getting full captain's pay for about three weeks :) 


#4. I'm going down to southern Arizona (aka northern Mexico) to meet up with Michael mid-October and we're going on a mini vacay to the Grand Canyon (insert laughter from my family here) and Moab for some climbing with our buddy B from NOLS!! More details and pictures to come later.


#5. Pepper has recovered from her porcupine attack, only to rip off one of her toenails during our latest climbing adventure. She's been on meds for the past week to prevent infection and has a new found love of peanut butter. (P.S. it took her about two administrations to learn what "medicine" means)


#6. Both Michael and I will return to the ski school for our second season starting some time around Thanksgiving. Michael will be instructing full time and I will be the indoor manger again along with instructing once a week. So, if you're in the mood to go skiing, give us a holler and we'll put you on the calendar. 


Rather long recap, but I think that's it for now.


This entry was posted on 9/27/2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: