Got a little story for ya, Ags...


As many of you know, Michael is in Argentina right now, leaving me and Pepper alone in the house to fend for ourselves. As such, I have been very cautious about keeping the doors and windows locked. This has kept us quite safe, however, it came back to bite me yesterday when we went out for a walk. 


We went for a little hike up the hill, and when we got back to the house I tried to open the door and realized it was locked! Dun, Dun, Duuuun. No problem, I thought, I will just climb in the open window in our living room. However, after I raised the screen I realized that the window was locked. Therefore, I was forced to go around to the back of the house and climb through the world's smallest window into our mud room. Suffice it to say, I did not look too graceful, I have bruises on my legs and forearms, but I got in and unlocked the back door. I'm just glad that my neighbors didn't call the cops on me breaking into my own house. 


You might think that was the end of the story, but Pepper had a different idea. Once I got inside, I opened a few of the windows in order to let in the mountain air. Pepper heard another dog outside and started going crazy, but I told her to calm down and didn't hear much more from her, so I thought we were good to go.


About half an hour later someone came to the door and I was surprised when Pepper didn't attack the guy who came to the door, so once he left, I walked around the house trying to find her. She was nowhere to be found, and that's when I realized it... 


I had left the screen up when I was trying to break in to the house. 


And Pepper saw it as a perfect opportunity to make her escape. 


I found her about 15 minutes later galloping through the field across from our house- happy as a clam. What a little stinker! I guess that's what I get for trying to keep our house safe. Oh well...


This entry was posted on 8/25/2010 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: