Michael and I spent the past week in Texas while my best friend from high school, Michelle, got married to her beau Miles. It was a blast!! The wedding was absolutely beautiful and as an added bonus, we were able to spend quite a bit of time with both of our families. Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Miles Terry!!!


We were planning to drive back to Colorado on Sunday, but after an eventful weekend that involved staying out past midnight three nights in a row, we decided to stay an extra day. It's amazing how quickly I have gone from being able to pull all-nighters in college to barely being able to function after a few nights out on the town. Guess that's what growing up does to you. We got back late on Monday, but luckily had a smooth, uneventful drive.

Today, I returned to the orthopedist for a check-up on my elbow. They took another set of x-rays and determined that everything is still in place and healing quite nicely. I am still relegated to wearing my sling for one more week, but after that, I'm good to go. Over the past week, I have regained quite a bit of movement in my arm- evidence this post. I am finally able to type without having to use the hunt-and-peck technique with just my left hand. It's not fun- I assure you.

I also started physical therapy today. For anyone who has ever attended physical therapy you know just how fun the visits can be, but right now I'm only working on "gentle" therapy, so that means that when it starts to hurt, I can tell them to back off a little. THANK GOODNESS! Because boy do they like to crank down on you. In about two weeks we'll start working with weights and really "punching it up" as my doctor likes to call it, but for now, it's pretty easy. I can only go twice a week- thanks to Tricare- but they gave me a bunch of exercises to do at home so that will help as well. We have exactly one month until we start our NOLS course, so I have a specific goal in mind which will help me to grin and bear it through the pain.


This entry was posted on 8/18/2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: