Well, hello blogging-world! I am finally actually posting to this thing after having first created it a few weeks ago. I have spent the vast majority of my evening just trying to figure out how to make this page look somewhat presentable as well as checking out other people's blogs to see all of the wonderful little do-dads and extras that you can add all over the place. I have to admit, the options are a little overwhelming, but the main purpose of this blog, is to keep our wonderful family and friends updated about the new happenings in our lives.

As many of you know, Michael is getting out of the active duty Army on September 1. His last, actual day of duty is July 9 and from that point forward we will be moving on to our next chapter. This past week, we (really, Michael) began packing our precious home into boxes. It has been quite bittersweet for both of us to cull through all of our memories from the past three years at Fort Hood.

When we first moved here, I remember driving down (the infamous) Rancier Blvd (a local hangout for drug dealers and 'ladies of the night') and wondering aloud "What have we gotten ourselves into!?". However, as we get ready to drive away for the last time, I now realize how amazingly blessed we have been to have lived here for the past three years. For one thing, Michael was able to join the 3d ACR and remain at home for well over two years prior to his deployment (an absolute miracle in today's Army). Additionally, we have had the opportunity to visit family easily; gotten to attend/be in numerous of our close friends' weddings; spent multiple weekends at the lake; and most importantly established some of the dearest friendships we may ever have. Our experience here has truly taught me not to "judge a book by its cover". Because let me tell you, I would have never chosen to read this here book, but it's turned out to be one incredible page turner!

It's beautiful to step back and see how our Father's divine plan has unfolded. The fulfillment of His previous promises confirms that we have not seen, we have not heard, and we cannot conceive what God has prepared for us down the road.

And I cannot wait!






This entry was posted on 7/02/2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 comments:

    Whitney said...

    I am so glad you guys will be blogging as you start your newest adventure!

  1. ... on July 6, 2009 at 2:52 PM  
  2. Carrie Green said...

    Nicole,

    Thanks for including me. It was great to see you in Dallas and catch up a little bit. I continue to pray for the journey God has you and Michael on.
    Much love,
    Carrie Green

  3. ... on July 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM  
  4. Anonymous said...

    Nicole - welcome to the blogosphere. I am going to add your site to my reader. I look forward to following along with your and Michael's journey from the cyber-sidelines. Oh, and thanks for linking to my blog. See ya on fb.
    Love ya,
    Chuck

  5. ... on July 7, 2009 at 9:21 AM  
  6. Mike and Emily said...

    welcome to the blog world!!!!
    Emily

  7. ... on August 2, 2009 at 5:29 AM